How Your Small Business Can Thrive
Over 2 billion people use Facebook every month, making it the most popular social media platform in the world.
The average Facebook user spends one hour a day on the site. Which seems like a ton of time to grab someone’s attention.
If you have any friends or fans, you’re automatically fighting to stand out from the thousands of posts an average Facebook user could see. On top of that, Facebook assigns mysterious “ranks” to every single post, so Facebook users see only a few specific posts at a time in their News Feed.
On top of even THAT, Facebook continues to nudge business Pages towards paid content and paid advertising as the primary means to get seen.
As an entrepreneur, you may be asking yourself: Can I still use Facebook to bring in leads, opportunities, and sales for my small business?
While Facebook’s focus on targeted, paid advertising and paid content is the real deal, thankfully it’s not the only way to get your posts seen by your audience!
For a start, Facebook continues to offer free tools to help you accomplish your marketing goals without resorting to ad spending – like access to your detailed analytics and straight-from-the-horse’s-mouth marketing tactics from their small business blog. But the best way to make the most of your marketing time on Facebook is the same as it’s always been: through fresh, relevant, helpful content. (And resharing it to boost your organic reach!)
This guide will address the following most common questions Edgar’s social media experts get about Facebook content marketing:
- What should I post and when?
- How can I optimize my content?
- What can I do to grab the attention of the average Facebook user?
- Should I ever use paid ads?
Keep reading for answers to these and other beyond-the-basics Facebook marketing questions and tactics to optimize your Facebook reach!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Facebook marketing
- The old Facebook quantity over quality question…
- Why aren’t people seeing my Facebook posts?
- How can I get more views on my business’ Facebook posts?
- How do I build a more engaged fanbase on Facebook?
- How do I make the most out of Facebook Insights?
- What are the ideal image sizes for Facebook?
- Facebook Live? Facebook Videos? How do I choose?
- “Boosting” posts vs. Facebook Ads – which is right for my business?
- How smart brands are “hacking” Facebook marketing
MeetEdgar's Platform-Specific Guides
Looking for more help with social media? MeetEdgar has the expert answers to your questions about Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more!
56% of People Have Unfollowed A Brand On Social Media Because of This Reason
More businesses than ever are vying for the attention of consumers, and it means that if you want to get and KEEP their attention, you have to work HARDER.
A Guided Tour of Facebook Insights
The best times to post on Facebook to maximize the reach and engagement of your posts, as well as clicks through to your site.
Quick and Easy Cheat Sheet for Facebook Link Previews
How Facebook algorithms are favoring updates with link previews in them over photo updates with URLs in the captions.