Hey, you. Yeah, you. We like you.
We want everyone to play nice, especially cool Octopals like yourself who refer your equally cool Friends to Edgar.
By using your personalized Octopals Link, you agree to the following Octopals ground rules:
We are 100% anti-spam and anti-generally-annoying-people. The Octopal program requires proper use of, distribution of, and attribution of referral links. That means no unsolicited commercial emails (spamming), and absolutely no posting Octopal links to coupon or “deal” aggregation websites. We mean it!
We live our values every day, and expect Octopals to do the same. One of Team Edgar’s most important core values is “Choose Kindness.” As an extension of Edgar, we expect all Octopals to also exercise kindness in all interactions that include Edgar in some way. That means absolutely no use of hate speech or profanity; no use of illegal, misleading, defamatory, or unethical promotional or sales tactics; and no use of NSFW content like sexually suggestive or explicit content to promote Edgar, including text, photos, videos, or any other media. Don’t promote Edgar on sites directed towards children under age 13, of course. And, finally, don’t even think about supplying Edgar with false or misleading account information. Just don’t do it - it’s not nice.
We are straightforward in our marketing and we expect you to be that way, too. Don’t make any statements that imply that we are in a business partnership or that you work for our company. (If you really want to work for us, you can check out our current openings here!)
And definitely disclose what everyone’s getting in exchange for this whole Octopals thang. Like so:
- I’m giving you $10 off when you sign up for Edgar. Just click the affiliate link to sign up now!
- Have you tried MeetEdgar? Sign up with my #aff link and you’ll get $10 off instantly!
- Get a $10 welcome “bonus” when you sign up for Edgar through my affiliate link! Edgar is an easy-to-use social media scheduler that automatically recycles your best evergreen content, so you can say “goodbye” forever to social media babysitting!
Brand guidelines and assets. All Octopals must follow our rules when using Edgar brand assets - they help keep things consistent so people more easily recognize the Edgar brand and logos. Please use our branding responsibly and ethically - no copyright or trademark infringement, please.
- Learn how to use Edgar’s branding (and download our official assets) here: Edgar Ink.
Warranty and indemnification. Our normal MeetEdgar usage terms and conditions apply to the Octopals program. By participating in the Octopals program, you are agreeing to the MeetEdgar terms and conditions. You can read those terms and conditions here: https://meetedgar.com/terms-conditions
Bottom line? We reserve the right to terminate our relationship with an Octopal or a Friend at our sole discretion. (TL;DR - Choose kindness!)
Here’s a quick who’s who and what’s what:
- “Octopals” are Edgar users like you who refer their Friends to Edgar! By using your personalized Octopals referral link, you agree to these rules.
- "Friends" (that is, any person you refer to the Octopals program) must become paying customers to activate your Octopal rewards. Reactivations (meaning, someone who was previously a subscriber) are not eligible for rewards.
What Octopals get. You receive $10 (USD - your Octopal reward) for each Friend who becomes a paying Edgar customer through your referral link, which will be issued as a credit on your Edgar invoice. (Friends receive their $10 discount on their second invoice.) Rewards for Friends stack, which means there is no limit to the number of $10 credits you can get!
- IMPORTANT NOTE: These $10 rewards will be applied as account credits to your Edgar account. If you’re an Octopal superstar and send enough Friends to get your bill down to $0, any extra Octopal rewards will roll over to your next invoice. Sorry, you cannot exchange your Octopals rewards for cash.
- IMPORTANT NOTE #2: If we suspect abuse of the Octopal program, your membership can be revoked. So… don’t be shady.
What Friends get. If Friends referred by Octopals decide to purchase an Edgar subscription, you (as an Octopal) will receive a $10 (USD) credit for each Friend. Each Friend who signs up for a paid Edgar subscription also gets $10 off their second invoice.
There is absolutely no cost to become an Octopal! If someone tells you otherwise, they are NOT associated with Edgar! (And please tell us about anything like that so we can take quick action to shut that stuff down.)
Disclaimers and FAQs
More legal stuff and answers to some popular questions about programs like this one.
- What if a Friend cancels Edgar after they pay for it at least once?
That’s okay! You’ll still receive your $10 Octopal reward for that Friend you referred as long as they’ve paid for at least one month of Edgar. (Your friend must pay for AT LEAST one month of Edgar in order for you to receive your $10 reward.)
- Is Edgar going to change the rules, terms, discounts, or rewards?
It’s unlikely, but it could happen! (And we do reserve the right to do so at any time, for any reason.) Sometimes there can be unforeseen abuses or technical issues that arise with a program like this. But we will let Octopals know via email if we’re making any changes.
- How do you handle my privacy?
- How long do cookies last?
Octopal affiliate cookies last for 90 days.
- Who do I, or my Friends, talk to if we have any questions?
You can talk to our amazing Edgar support team! Just click here to start a conversation!