Are you participating with your friends, followers and likes on social media?
Okay, I hear the mumbling…”What do I share? Who cares if I am at the car-wash?”
Right. I get that a lot.
Try using these 10 talk worthy topics on social media (1-2 posts per day for 30 days) and I promise your perspective will be different…So will your business.
1. Things you treasure- Think about things that light your fire! It doesn’t matter how big or small , it seems people love these insider warm-fuzzies. So what is it for you? Mine are spiritual and personal growth, yummy foods, and funny things my kids say.
2. Things that inspire you- Where do you go to affirm your greatness? Art? Songs? Favorite author? Mine include the ocean, women who are living their passion and chocolate.
3. Tools you often use- Stop and consider what items are you using throughout your day. Ergonomic chair? Astronaut pen? Vitamixer? Tell people how they bring value into your life/business/family. My top tools- headset for calls, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap, ipod touch and pandora.com.
4. Bragging Rights- Share your accomplishments in your business. Did you help a client face her fear of asking for a raise? Tell people! Is your schedule booked with clients for the next 2 months? Brag about it! You get the idea, right?
5. Other peoples’ stuff- What e-newsletter do you always read? What blogs are you subscribed to? What events/products are your peers producing? What website offers great content for your community?
6. You couldn’t stop laughing because… Funny things (not at the expense of others of course!) are wonderful to share. Search on Youtube.com for a funny video or find a photo that cracks you up. Here is a great example:
7. Ask questions- Get curious about your community. What are their thoughts about current affairs? What are they doing this weekend? How do they manage family and work life? What books are on their nightstands or Kindles? What cures a bad day? It doesn’t have to be about your work. Focus on getting to know who you are connected with on your social media profiles.
8. Witty musings- You know those strange and lovely things that happen to us in life? One morning I found a worm in my coffee and shared about it. These moments show your human side and give others a chance to connect on a common trait…being human.
9. Places or products- Where did you get your haircut? What is your favorite “I’m not cooking tonight” restaurant? Did your insurance agent go above and beyond? Did your cell phone company correct an error they made (what that could happen!)? Sharing your interactions with other businesses is a simple and lovely way to build community.
10. Promote your stuff!- Important to note this is #10 of 10 but it is still on the list. Earning a profit from your business is important, so share your goods too! Pull up those old blog posts from last year. Take quotes from your book. Tell people about your next event or you’re open for one more coaching client or your speaking on the local radio station as an expert in your field. Share about the services you offer in a balance with the other 9 items on this list.
The point is to nurture a connection with like-hearted people who will love being with you & your business just because of you! Remember to key into the emotions (human factor) of what you are sharing.
Editor’s Note: This LKR fan favorite was SO popular that we just had to share it again. We’ve had great luck with every single one of the topics Adeah’s listed above, but our favorites are…
Things that inspire us (#2):
Things that make us laugh (#6):
And our TOP favorite, tool posts (#3):
Sharing the tools we use has been a huge treat for us, and the response has been incredible. We’re always happy to give props to a product or service that’s made our online lives easier, and we LOVE hearing stories from readers about how one of our recommendtions helped their business.
Here are 2 more talkworthy topics we’ve been having fun with lately:
#11: Profiles of our team
We started profiling our team members on Facebook this month to give people a chance to put a face to a name when they interact with our company, especially since every member of the team puts in some time behind the wheel of our social media profiles.
#12: Behind the scenes stuff
Giving social media followers a peek into the day-to-day life of LKR took an amazing turn when our team met up for our annual retreat in New York City last month. These English treats were a huge hit on our Facebook page and spurred a random exchange of hilarious jokes.
What talkworthy topics have you been experimenting with lately? Let us know what’s been working for you in the comments below