Whether you’re an entrepreneur who only has a personal profile or you maintain a Company Page for your business, it’s a good idea to have an active and conspicuously up-to-date LinkedIn Profile.
Here’s a handy checklist of ways to keep your presence fresh and make sure your Profile showcases what a rock star you are!
- Make sure your Profile has All-Star status. LinkedIn profiles have a gauge that gives a visual representation of how your Profile compares to others in your industry. Use its helpful skills suggestions to fully complete your Profile and raise your status on LinkedIn!
- Make your Profile easy to find. LinkedIn uses a search function similar to search engines like Google, which means that you can actually optimize your LinkedIn Profile with keywords just like you would a web page. When you’re filling out your Profile, choose a few keywords that are highly relevant to your profession – words that people use when searching for pros like you.
- Post frequent status updates. The advantage of LinkedIn’s news feed, as opposed to Facebook’s or even Twitter’s, is that it is populated with articles and information exclusively according to your business interests. To help, we’ve built an automation tool to help you easily customize and schedule your updates, no matter where you’re posting.
- Post LinkedIn Pulse updates. Pulse is the LinkedIn content publishing platform that you can use as a secondary outlet for your business-related content. Pulse can unlock new and engaged audiences that you may not have access to on your blog. Establish a few key employees – or yourself – as thought leaders that can publish content on Pulse – you can even hire writers to help produce the content if you don’t have the time!
- Get your “boilerplate” on point. A “boilerplate” is a prewritten company description. Make sure yours is powerful and consistent, and ask your team to include it on their own Profiles – it communicates a strong value prop for your business.