Understanding Social Media
An Optimization Guide
So what IS social media optimization, exactly?
Social media optimization (SMO) is the process of optimizing your website to make it more “sociable.” In other words, SMO makes it easier for your business to get discovered online by all the right people! (That’s why SMO is sometimes called “search marketing optimization”.)
SMO bridges the gap between your site and your social presence (meaning, your Facebook-Twitter-LinkedIn-Instagram-whatever accounts), making you more visible on the web, and giving your audience more ways to connect and interact with you.
When done right, SMO keeps your brand messaging consistent across all networks, improves your site rankings on search, drives traffic from social sites and organic search, and boosts awareness of you and your brand.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to social media optimization
- So what IS social media optimization, exactly?
- How do I do social media optimization? (Do I press a button somewhere, or…)
- Can social media optimization drive traffic to my website?
- How does social media optimization relate to SEO?
- What are some tools I can use to make social media optimization easier?
- How do I get people to share my content?
- Are there easy ways to get started with social media optimization?
MeetEdgar's Platform-Specific Guides
Looking for more help with social media? MeetEdgar has the expert answers to your questions about Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more!
How to Make Google Sing and Dance with Your Blog
Optimize your blog so that it looks appealing to the search engines.
The Ultimate Pinterest Guide Part Three: Search Engine Optimization For Pinterest
With a little SEO knowledge on your side, you can make your social media activity charge up your rankings on Google. Maximize your time spent on Pinterest with these easy-to-implement SEO tips.
Local SEO: Three Keys to Getting Your Business Found Online
You want to be found by potential customers. Most small business owners get this. What they don’t get is what they have to do in order to make it a reality. Here are three tips to help get your business found online.