Strategies for Small Businesses
Creating a Company Page that stands out from the rest
All the more reason to make sure your Company Page is a lean, mean marketing machine that’ll help you:
- Recruit talent
- Drive brand awareness
- Engage your audience
- Attract customers
- Promote events, products, and services
- Prove your expertise
- Pump up your SEO
- And more!
Here are some tried-and-true methods to make your Company Page stand out from the rest.
- Optimize for search. Google and other search engines index LinkedIn pages in their search results, giving you yet another way to be discovered! So make sure your profile is complete, that you’re using keywords in a natural way, you’ve customized your LinkedIn URL, and you’re linking back to your company website.
- Write interesting (and useful) content. If you’re putting energy toward driving people to your LinkedIn Company page, make sure you have some content for them to check out. LinkedIn can’t emphasize enough how important regularly producing and sharing quality content is – they recommend updating at least once per weekday (which is totally NBD if you use an automation tool like Edgar), so get cracking!
- Pin your best content to the top of your Company Page. All that time you spent writing that announcement about your new service offerings? Make it the first thing that catches a visitor’s eye on your Page! LinkedIn allows you to “pin” your most valuable updates to the top of your Page’s “Recent Updates.”
- Make it visually awesome. Creating compelling visuals (that means your header image and logo, too) is crucial across all social media, including LinkedIn. In fact, companies with logo images get six times more traffic to their pages!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to LinkedIn marketing
- Why LinkedIn is actually important for small businesses
- How can a LinkedIn profile help promote my business?
- Why are LinkedIn Groups more valuable for small businesses?
- How can I get the most out of my LinkedIn Company Page?
- Why SlideShare might be the best LinkedIn feature, ever
- What LinkedIn marketing strategies can give me an edge?
MeetEdgar's Platform-Specific Guides
Looking for more help with social media? MeetEdgar has the expert answers to your questions about Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more!
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth The Money?
Trying to decide if you should shell out the cash for LinkedIn Premium? Read some user experiences and decide for yourself.
How to Get Found on LinkedIn: Optimizing your Headline
Optimizing your LinkedIn headline can help get you found by future employers, connections, friends and more.
LinkedIn Leads: 6 Tips to Implement Now
Use LinkedIn to grow your small business – here are 6 tips you can put in place right away.
Mistakes in Your LinkedIn Profile? Not a Good Social Media Strategy
If you aren’t careful, your LinkedIn profile can quickly change from a major selling point to professional liability. Any of these five mistakes can and will kill your credibility.