Welcome to Edgar Ink, the home of all things officially Edgar!
On this page you’ll find a bunch of resources to make your article, blog post, Octopals promo, or anything you write about Edgar all shipshape and official!
Here you’ll find everything from current Edgar stats, to our official logos, to our handy content that explains how Edgar works, what he does, and why he’s just so darn neat. 💜
Want to leave a review of your Edgar experience? Just click or tap the “Submit a Review” button to the left. We’d love to hear from you!
Social media reach is plummeting. Edgar is the only tool designed to help.
- The average Facebook post reaches barely 8% of its intended audience, and gets just 5% engagement from them. (Locowise)
- Over 500 million tweets are sent every day, yet just 42% of Twitter users visit the site daily – and only 23% visit multiple times per day. (Pew)
- On average, people spend just 2 minutes a day on LinkedIn. (The New York Times)
How Edgar Works.
Edgar is a social media scheduling tool that automatically builds a library of every social update a user uploads, so they can share the best ones again and again over time. He is the first and only tool made specifically to address social media overload.
The app pulls updates from that library to automatically fill a user’s queue for posting on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. In this way, they never run out of things to post, and their updates get the chance to be seen by new and bigger audiences.
Edgar breaks the cycle of spending hours manually refilling an empty update queue, and gives every update multiple chances to find an audience. Edgar publishes what you want, when you want it. No manual scheduling, no hours of busywork and babysitting, and no hassle.
What makes Edgar different.
Edgar is one cool cephalopod. Here’s how he differentiates himself from the other social schedulers out there.
- Edgar automatically reshares your social updates.
- Unlike tools that publish an update once and discard it, forcing users to constantly refill their queues with completely new updates, Edgar saves every update you publish in a limitless, online library.
- Edgar automatically populates a category-based schedule using updates pulled from your library, so your queue is always filled with the content you want to share at the times you want to share it, using a schedule you choose.
- A single social media update reaches only a small segment of your audience. Edgar’s automation gives you the freedom to have more interactions with your audience, exposing your brand to more and more people.
- Edgar is a tool created by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs.
- Our founder/CEO is a social media expert and an entrepreneur who bootstrapped a multimillion-dollar business. She built Edgar to save herself time, and now shares him with thousands of entrepreneurs just like her!
- Edgar was specifically built for smaller, agile companies and entrepreneurial ventures.
- This isn’t an enterprise-level tool; you get every single feature when you sign up, and a streamlined interface that makes scheduling easy.
- Edgar actually makes it easier to create and focus on genuine connections with your audience.
- Edgar doesn’t replace your real-time interactions. In fact, Edgar makes it easier to prioritize them by giving you more time and bandwidth for real engagement and interactions with your fans.
- Edgar saves gives you back hours your of time, every week!
- Edgar frees you from the time-drain of having to constantly manage and monitor social media, and the inevitable burnout that follows.
- Edgar helps you post consistently, without having to constantly refill your queue. Whether you’re at home or on vacation, your social posts will always go out.
- On average, Edgar’s automatic resharing feature saves users hours and hours, every week!
🐙 Edgar is currently adding almost 35 new users every day
🐙 Edgar is connected to 110 new social media accounts every day
🐙 Users are currently adding nearly 11,000 pieces of new content every day, and have already stored over 14 million pieces of content in Edgar’s libraries!
🐙 Edgar has sent over 23 million social media updates
🐙 The average Edgar user has connected five social media accounts and stored 340 pieces of content in their library
Edgar Walkthrough Video
About Our Founder
Laura Roeder on Edgar:
Edgar is not just a social media scheduling tool, but a full social media content management system.
Most tools send your update out once, never to be seen again, but stats show us that maybe a maximum of 10% of your followers have seen that update. A small company can’t afford to write so much unique content that will be seen by so few people.
Edgar stores a library of your social media updates so that you can stop dealing with unwieldy spreadsheets. It just makes sense for your social media updates to live in your social media tool.
Our most successful users are small businesses (and the agencies who manage them) who are actively looking to cut down the time they spend on social media grunt work.
They want to spend more time crafting quality updates and engaging with their community, and less time on the tedious work of scheduling.
Edgar organizes your updates into categories, which ensures you have a nice mix of content ready to go on your social accounts.
Simplicity is one of Edgar’s greatest strengths. All you have to do is write high-quality, engaging social media updates and Edgar takes care of the rest.
For interview inquiries, please contact us here.
These guidelines outline the general rules when using MeetEdgar’s brand assets.
Talking about Edgar
Whenever you need to talk about Edgar, promote him via our Octopals program, or just generally say nice things about him, here’s a quick guide to help you keep everything so fresh and so clean, clean.
- MeetEdgar is the company name.
- Edgar is the name of the product.
It’s always MeetEdgar (with the “M” and the “E” capitalized). It’s never:
- Meet Edgar
- meet Edgar
MeetEdgar is never to be pluralized, used as a verb, or abbreviated.
MeetEdgar belongs to Roeder Studios Inc., which holds his copyright and intellectual property. By using or promoting Edgar, you agree to our terms and conditions, because you’re cool like that.
Who is Edgar?
Edgar is the busiest octopus mascot on the internet. His eponymous software helps thousands of entrepreneurs plan and automate their social media posts, saving them from countless hours of social media babysitting and busywork!
Tagline: “Social Media. (Minus the time-wastey parts.)”
Short Brand Statement
“Edgar is a social media management tool that automatically shares your status updates, taking the busywork out of scheduling and saving you hours a week.”
Long Brand Statement
“Edgar is a social media management tool that saves hours a week by eliminating the time-consuming busywork from your scheduling routine. By storing all of your social media updates in an unlimited library, Edgar is able to share your content automatically. You never run out of things to post, your updates get the chance to be seen by new people, and you can finally take a break from babysitting your social media!”
Official logos and screenshots for press and promotional use.
So here’s the deal: We reserve the right to revoke permission to use MeetEdgar’s trademarks and assets at any time, and may withhold approval of content that we feel is inconsistent with our brand. We know that sounds mean, but we reserve this right so we can keep Edgar neat, clean, and consistent – no matter where he shows up.
To that end, MeetEdgar doesn’t permit its trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property to be used in an unauthorized fashion (for example, on merchandise like t-shirts or mugs), no matter how cool you think it looks.
The Edgar octopus logo.
Official logos and screenshots for press and promotional use:
Our official fonts.
We use Lora for text and Proxima Nova for headers. This isn’t a huge deal in most cases, but we just thought you should know.
Our official colors.
Peep our cool, nautically-named color scheme! If you’re going to customize some Edgar-related content beyond using standard black for your text and design, please use only these colors:
Relevant Social Media Marketing Statistics and Information
- Dan Zarrella – How to Get More Clicks on Twitter
- KISSmetrics – The Science of Social Timing (Part 1)
- Buffer – A Scientific Guide to Posting Tweets, Facebook Posts, Emails, and Blog Posts at the Best Time
- Convince & Convert – B2C Facebook Results Are 30% Above Average on Sundays
- Clickz – Facebook Posts See More Engagement After Hours, Weekends [Study]
- Search Engine Watch – Retweets Most Likely to Happen After Hours [Study]
- Search Engine Watch – Blog Posts Published on Weekends Get More Social Shares [Study]