If you manage multiple social media accounts, then might feel the pain of balancing those accounts: logging in to each account to post your content, remembering to post your content consistently, and remembering the password to each platform. It’s not only time-consuming but headache-inducing and not for the faint of heart. Enter social media tools like MeetEdgar that help you manage multiple social accounts, schedule your posts in advance, and track important social media benchmarks. With tools like this, manually managing your social accounts is ancient history.
But MeetEdgar isn’t the only social media management application. There are many MeetEdgar alternatives, and we’ll review how to choose the best one for your needs.
Why consider MeetEdgar alternatives?
MeetEdgar offers innovative features not provided by other social media management applications. Features like
- Our bottomless, evergreen content library saves all of the posts you’ve ever created.
- Advanced analytics: MeetEdgar alternatives like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Later, and Loomly don’t have advanced analytics to track engagement with their base plan. But MeetEdgar does.
- Suggested content variations. You can manually create or have Edgar generate content variations specific to each audience.
- Automatic updates: When Edgar runs out of new content updates, he’ll re-share older ones, so you’re constantly engaging with your audience.
- A/B testing capabilities: Edgar allows you to track and test content variations that resonate the best with your audience.
However, there are reasons why one might consider using MeetEdgar alternatives for their social media marketing efforts.
MeetEdgar is not the only tool available that can help you automate and organize your posts on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Other MeetEdgar alternatives offer similar features as MeetEdgar, but may cost more and have fewer features.
So, let’s see how MeetEgar stacks up against the competition.
Looking for MeetEdgar alternatives?
MeetEdgar automates your social media so you can stay focused on what matters most: growing your business.
Buffer is a social media application that helps users manage their online presence. The app provides users with tools to help them schedule and publish content and track their engagement levels. Buffer also offers users insights into their social media activity, such as which posts are performing well and which ones need improvement. In addition, the app can be used to connect with other social media users and build a network of contacts. So whether you’re a small business owner or an individual looking to extend your online presence, Buffer can help you achieve your goals.
Some key features include:
- Drafts: You can save your content later on a mobile device or desktop.
- Buff.ly link shortener: Links are automatically shortened to buff.ly links for easy sharing.
- Custom Video Thumbnails: Choose a custom thumbnail and title for your videos.
- Data storage for up to 2 years.
- Team management capabilities.
- Buffer Remix app to edit images, links, tweets, and articles to Instagram posts and stories.
Buffer versus MeetEdgar
Buffer and MeetEdgar offer similar features. Both help you manage your social media presence and both support Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. However, there are also many differences between the two applications.
The first is Edgar’s content library. When Buffer posts to one of your social channels, Buffer deletes the post from the app. Unfortunately, this means bidding your past content adieu. Want to find your funny Elon Musk tweet from 2 years ago? With Buffer, you wouldn’t be able to. Unfortunately, this also means your content posting queue will dry up, and you’ll have to schedule new posts manually.
With Edgar, you can save your posts in our category-based Content Library (where all of your posts sit until you decide to delete them).
Because Buffer doesn’t offer a Content Library, there’s no method for repurposing old content. Once you post your content, that’s it! With Buffer, there are no automatic updates; you must manually select items you want to reshare. Egar does the opposite. MeetEdgar will draw from your Content Library and recycle old content for you when you don’t have any posts scheduled. That way, your new followers won’t miss your older content!
Buffer lacks content variation capabilities. Edgar can create variations of your content so you can generate five times the content with only one post. Contrary to Edgar, Buffer doesn’t offer a content variation option, so you would need to iterate your content manually.
Edgar hangs on to your content for as long as you want. Then, you can decide when you want to delete them. Buffer only hangs on to your content for two years but doesn’t save your past posts, only future content.
Should I use the MeetEdgar alternative Buffer?
Buffer is great for users who
- Don’t care about saving old evergreen content.
- Don’t want to update their social media pages automatically.
- Don’t need five times the content with content variations.
MeetEdgar is great for users who
- Want to save all of their content.
- Want to update their social media feeds without worrying about remembering to post.
- Want total control over what content Edgar posts.
Loomly is another powerful social media management tool designed to simplify the content creation process, making it easy to plan and manage posts, track analytics, and stay on top of engagement metrics. With a rich set of customization features and an intuitive interface, Loomly helps your team create a consistent branding experience.
Some key Loomly features include:
- Post ideas: Loomly offers suggestions for posts based on trending topics, RSS feeds, and date-related events.
- Content library: Keep your past photos, videos, notes, links, and more in Loomly’s library.
- Approval workflow: Collaborative review and approval process for your team.
- Automated publishing: Loomly automatically posts content for you if you run out of ideas.
Loomly versus MeetEdgar
Loomly and MeetEdgar are two of the most popular social media management tools. Both offer a range of features to help users better manage their social media accounts. However, there are some fundamental differences between the two.
Loomly boasts three plans: their Base plan for $26/monthly with only 2 users and 10 social accounts, an Advanced plan for $129/monthly with 14 users and 35 accounts, and the Premium plan for $269.00 with 30 users and 50 accounts.
MeetEdgar offers more bang for your buck, so to speak. Our Eddie plan is $29.99/monthly, but you receive 5 social accounts, unlimited scheduled posts, and up to 20 team members can join. Then, our Edgar plan offers 25 social accounts and up to 20 team members for only $49.99/monthly.
Although Loomly offers more plans, MeetEdgar offers more flexibility within the plans. Want to add more team members to your plan? With MeetEdgar for only $4.99/monthly for each team member, you can.
Although Loomly and MeetEdgar share most features, Loomly doesn’t offer a browser extension. With Edgar’s Extensions, you can quickly share links and add content to your Edgar Content Library while you’re browsing the internet. Have you ever read an article and think “wow, my audience would love this?” With Edgar, you can save any quote, webpage, article, and more than your audience might like.
A/B Testing Variations
Loomly doesn’t offer content variations like MeetEdgar. Yes, you can craft your own variations, but Edgar can automatically generate them, and you can use these variations to either tailor your messaging to match your audience on different social media platforms or test variations against one another to see what best engages your audience.
Should I use the MeetEdgar alternative Loomly?
Loomly is great for users who
- Don’t mind the extra price tag.
- Need Enterprise solutions for larger social media marketing teams.
- Don’t need extra features like content variations.
MeetEdgar is great for users who
- Want the same features as Loomly for a lower price.
- Want to test their content to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Want a straightforward and intuitive interface to manage their social media accounts.
Never Run Out of Stuff to Post on Social
MeetEdgar scheduling software automatically pulls posts from your content library to keep your social fresh every day.
The Later social media management application is designed to help businesses and individuals effectively engage with their followers on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. With a user-friendly dashboard that makes it easy to plan and schedule content, Later allows users to optimize their time and maximize their reach on social media. The platform also includes features like photo tagging, hashtag suggestions, and various analytics tools, making it an essential tool for any organization or individual looking to establish a successful presence online.
Some Later features include:
- Auto-publishing for Instagram Carousel Posts: If you want to schedule more than one photo to Instagram (also called a Carousel Post), Later’s feature allows you to.
- Search for user-generated content: Later allows you to search user-generated content by hashtag, @mentions, and post this content to your account.
- Linkin.bio: Linkin.bio is a mini web page built into your Instagram and TikTok profiles. You can post links to your website and store, and customize them to match your brand color.
Later versus MeetEdgar
If you want to automate your social media content, both Later and MeetEdgar can do the job. But there are some key differences between the two.
Auto-publishing for more than just Instagram
Later offers auto-publishing for Instagram’s Multi-Photo (carousel) posts but doesn’t offer the auto-publish feature for any other social platform. In contrast, MeetEdgar provides automatic updates to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Although both offer scheduling your content in advance, only MeetEdgar offers content variations. With content variations, Edgar suggests up to five different variations of your content. This way, you can play around with different messaging for different audiences, quickly discovering what content resonates the best with your audience.
Intuitive Content Library Design
Both Later and MeetEdgar offer a Content Library, but Edgar’s is easier to organize. With Later, you can label each piece of content under different tags, but Edgar allows you to have separate categories. It’s also significantly easier to search for content in MeetEdgar simply by typing in the name of the content in our search bar.
Although Later offers a start plan for only $15/monthly, it unfortunately only includes 1 user for this plan. In contrast, our entry-level plan is only $29.99/monthly but includes up to 5 users as well as unlimited posts! Later does offer another option at $40/monthly, but you’re still limited to only 3 users. This makes MeetEdgar the best alternative for small-to-medium-sized teams and businesses.
Should I use the MeetEdgar alternative Later?
Later is great for users who
- Don’t mind the extra price tag.
- Don’t care about content variations.
- Don’t need to post content to social media channels other than Instagram automatically.
MeetEdgar is great for users who
- Want the same features as Later for a lower price.
- Want a straightforward interface to manage their content library.
- Want to auto-publish content on platforms other than Instagram.
Hootsuite is a social media management platform that enables users to manage all their social media accounts in one place. Founded in 2008, Hootsuite has users worldwide. The platform’s key features include composing and scheduling messages, tracking who is talking about your brand, and measuring your results. In addition, Hootsuite provides users with extensive analytics and reporting tools.
Some Hootsuite features include:
- Hootsuite Inbox: Monitor messages from different channels in one dashboard.
- Hootsuite Insights: track conversations on your brand from different web platforms like social media, news, and any blog mention of your brand.
Hootsuite versus MeetEdgar
Like the apps listed above, Hootsuite and MeetEdgar share many features but differ in quite a few.
Automatic Content Updates
When you run out of new content, MeetEdgar will post your content based on categories automatically to your social channels. This ensures your social is always looking fresh and keeps your audience engaged. Unfortunately, at this time, Hootsuite doesn’t offer this feature, so if you choose Hootsuite, you will miss out on the chance to stay consistent with social posts.
Saving Older Posts
Another feature MeetEdgar users love is the ability to save posts to your Content Library for future use. Have a viral post you want to share again or find but can’t because you posted it five years ago? MeetEdgar saves it for you, so you’ll never lose cornerstone content again. Hootsuite doesn’t offer this option at this time.
With MeetEdgar, you can auto-generate 5 content variations before you post. This allows you to A/B test your content and also tailor your posts to match audiences on different social media platforms. Hootsuite isn’t offering this feature currently.
Should I use the MeetEdgar alternative Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is great for those who
- Only want a basic scheduling application
- Don’t care about losing all of their evergreen content
- Don’t want to test what makes their content go viral
MeetEdgar is great for those who
- Want more posting flexibility
- Want to save time by automating their posting schedule
- Want to hang on to precious content forever
5. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a platform that helps businesses grow their social media presence. It offers a suite of tools to help businesses schedule posts, track social media analytics, and engage with customers. Sprout also offers a platform for businesses to collaborate with team members on social media strategies. In addition, businesses can use Sprout to create custom reports and measure their social media performance.
Other key features include:
- Listening feature: View competitive trends in your brand’s industry.
- Advocacy feature: Use your employees’ social media networks to increase engagement.
Sprout Social versus MeetEdgar
Both founded in the same year, 2010, Sprout Social and MeetEdgar offer similar features, although they don’t share everything.
Unlike MeetEdgar, Sprout Social doesn’t offer a limitless Content Library to draw from for future reuse.
Sprout Social is significantly more expensive than MeetEdgar, with their lowest-priced plan starting at $99/monthly. It only includes 5 social profiles and similar features to MeetEdgar. MeetEdgar starts at 5 social accounts, allows for unlimited scheduled posts, and hangs on to your content in your Content Library for as long as you want.
MeetEdgar auto-refills your social media queue based on your saved content, so if you’re away on vacation and don’t have access to your social media accounts, we have your back. Unfortunately, Sprout Social doesn’t offer this feature.
Should I use the MeetEdgar alternative Sprout Social?
Sprout Social is great for users who
- Don’t mind paying more for fewer features
- Don’t care about consistently posting to their accounts
- Don’t mind losing their older content forever
MeetEdgar is great for users who
- Want a budget-friendly solution with more features
- Want to save their older posts so there’s always content to draw from for the future
- Want to keep their social media accounts engaged
Frequently Asked Questions about MeetEdgar Alternatives
Is MeetEdgar the best social media management application?
MeetEdgar is one of the first social media management applications and boasts many features setting it apart from the competition. Although it won’t be suitable for everyone, its straightforward interface, bottomless content library, content variations, and automatic updates help save you time and money while still allowing you to maintain an active presence on social media.
What are the best alternatives to MeetEdgar?
While we can’t say which is the best (they’re all good), we’ll leave it up to you to decide which app is best for your needs (which we hope is MeetEdgar!).
Why should I use MeetEdgar over other alternatives?
Some of the best MeetEdgar features include its detailed analytics, allowing users to track their performance on different social networks and make data-driven decisions about optimizing their content strategy. Other companies charge for detailed analytics, but we include it with every plan. Another distinguishing feature is automatically recycling social media posts so that users never have to worry about missing out on engaging with their followers or posting new content regularly. MeetEdgar makes it easy for businesses and individuals to schedule social media posts in advance and set up recurring campaigns, saving time and effort throughout the day. All in all, MeetEdgar is a comprehensive social media management platform that delivers all of the tools that modern businesses need to succeed online.
Conclusion – Which Social Media Management Tool is Best?
MeetEdgar, Buffer, Loomly, and Later are social media management tools that can help you schedule posts for your different social media platforms. They each have distinctive features, so which of the MeetEdgar alternatives is best for you? That’s only for you and your business to decide.